About Me

My photo
Nancy Simpson's LIVING ABOVE THE FROST LINE, New and Selected Poems was published by Carolina Wren Press (N.C. Laureate Series, 2010.) She is the author of ACROSS WATER and NIGHT STUDENT, State Street Press, still available on WWW at Alibris and Books Again. Her poems have been published in Southern Poetry Review, Prairie Schooner, The Georgia Review and other literary magazines. "Carolina Bluebirds" was published in THE POETS GUIDE TO THE BIRDS, Anhinga Press). "Grass" was reprinted in the 50th Anniversary Issue of Southern Poetry Review: DON'T LEAVE HUNGRY ( U.of Arkansas Press.) Seven poems were reprinted in the textbook, SOUTHERN APPALACHIAN POETRY,(McFarland.) Two poems were published in SOLO CAFE, Two more poems were published in SOLO NOVO."In the Nantahala Gorge" was published in Pisgah Review. "Studying Winter" was reprinted in Pirene's Fountain Anthology and "The Collection" in Collecting Life Anthology. Most recently, Southern Poetry Review Edited by James Smith, published "Our Great Depression," and The Southern Poetry Anthology Vol. VII: NORTH CAROLINA,Edited by William Wright, reprinted "Leaving in the Dead of Winter."

Thursday, November 11, 2010

WHAT DOES PAST LEAF PEAK MEAN?







Yes, We're past leaf peak on my side of the mountain, but don't cry for me.  It has never been a more beautiful autumn.   Yesterday a woman said to me that it just was not pretty this year. I thought:

How can that be when we live on the same planet, in fact in same neighborhood.  

I could only say that I had been out walking on the mountain all afternoon, taking pictures.





Enlarge to see -- roses still blooming.

4 comments:

Sam Hoffer / My Carolina Kitchen said...

I have no idea what that means Nancy, but your fall photos look pretty special to me.
Sam

Nancy Simpson said...

Hi Sam, I'm only saying, it is still beautiful here.

Joan Ellen Gage Admin said...

I thought it very beautiful this year. Every year is different, as it should be.

Nancy Simpson said...

(This is Glenda Barrett's comment on the red leaves.)

Nancy, The red leaf photo is as good or better than some I see on my Fine Art America. I feel the same as you do about this year's beautiful Fall. No, the leaves were not vivid all at once, but in some places they were outstanding and lasted longer than other years. I found the beauty each week! Thanks for your wonderful photos! Glenda Barrett
By Anonymous on COFEE WITH THE POETS NOVEMBER 10, 2010 on 11/20/10