About Me

My photo
Nancy Simpson's LIVING ABOVE THE FROST LINE, New and Selected Poems was published by Carolina Wren Press (N.C. Laureate Series, 2010.) She is the author of ACROSS WATER and NIGHT STUDENT, State Street Press, still available on WWW at Alibris and Books Again. Her poems have been published in Southern Poetry Review, Prairie Schooner, The Georgia Review and other literary magazines. "Carolina Bluebirds" was published in THE POETS GUIDE TO THE BIRDS, Anhinga Press). "Grass" was reprinted in the 50th Anniversary Issue of Southern Poetry Review: DON'T LEAVE HUNGRY ( U.of Arkansas Press.) Seven poems were reprinted in the textbook, SOUTHERN APPALACHIAN POETRY,(McFarland.) Two poems were published in SOLO CAFE, Two more poems were published in SOLO NOVO."In the Nantahala Gorge" was published in Pisgah Review. "Studying Winter" was reprinted in Pirene's Fountain Anthology and "The Collection" in Collecting Life Anthology. Most recently, Southern Poetry Review Edited by James Smith, published "Our Great Depression," and The Southern Poetry Anthology Vol. VII: NORTH CAROLINA,Edited by William Wright, reprinted "Leaving in the Dead of Winter."

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Hello Poets and Writers, From Living Above the Frost Line, in the Blue Ridge Mountains



Friends and Fellow writers,
Happy New Year.
This photo was taken Jan. 2009,
by my hand, through my eyes,
off the deck of my home.






Dear Poet and Writing Friends, You may have been wondering - "Where is she?" or maybe not. You may not give a hoot. I need to know. Here at the end of 2011, I totally lost this blog and the opportunity to communicate with you.  Looks like my site is back this morning. I am shouting with joy, with hope LIVING ABOVE THE FROST LINE will hold and  continue as we move into 2012. It was a crisis for me. I hope to never have to go through that horror again.  I do not have a clue what took my site down. I do not know how it came back this morning.

If you know me, you know I am intelligent. I can do this. I have a storehouse of information to share with poets and writers. I hope to continue but not sure you have interest in poetry at all. I do not know if you are interested in southern and Appalachian poets and writers - their new books and where you can buy them at their press.  I've featured many southern and Appalachian writers throughout the past three years.  I have a line up for 2012. I have suggestions and an updated list of markets calling for poems now. Are you interested?

Or is there some other reason you visit this site? The links to yet other writing sites? The latest news of writing events in the mountains of western NC and North Georgia?

Sorry to put you on the spot. Are you interested? Comments please.  What are your interests?






6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nancy, I enjoy visiting your blog and seeing posts about regional poets and events. I find items of interest here that I don't find elsewhere, even on the NetWest or NCWN websites. I hope also that you'll continue to impart your wisdom to others.

Nancy Simpson said...

Thanks for your vote, Robert. I am seriously thinking about my life and how I spend the rest of it. Truth is, if I could quit writing, I would have already quit years ago. Reading and writing poetry have enriched my life in a way nothing else has.

All these years, I have adored our southern and mountain writers. I beam with pride with each of their achievements. But, something has changed. I can't say what it is.

Also, I'm having serious, impossible problems with Blogger. They are forcing me to change my blog. I love it as it is. But they want me to go with their new format. I see most of my friends have already done so. I do not exactly know what Blogger wants me to do. They block me for weeks because I have not complied. They take away my ability to use my own iPhoto file system. (It is back at the moment,but could disappear again.)

As I see it, I have two personal questions to answer. 1) Should I continue, and who cares. (Thanks for saying you do.) 2) If my blog continues, I will have to comply. It will only be worth it to me, if I get my readers back. We are starting a new year. Time to make decisions.

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

Nancy,
It's so good to hear from you again. Blanche (Mama) and I commented several times during Christmas that we hoped you were doing well on Cherry Mountain and had a wonderful holiday.

Have a very happy New Year.

Kathryn Stripling Byer said...

Hi Nancy, I sympathize with your concerns about blogger and the feeling that nobody "gives a hoot" about us poets and our response to the world around us. I feel the same way myself right now. I try to remember that more people than I realize visit my blog, even though they don't leave comments. I can check my stats and see that. If you take pleasure in this blog, please keep doing so. This is a down time for many of us, but the light will come back. I keep telling myself that. love, K

Judy Roney said...

I enjoy your blog very much, Nancy. Sorry your blog has been down and I welcome it back. I agree that if you enjoy blogging, you should keep the blog for that reason alone. I know you put a lot of work and effort into it though and it must seem all for naught at times. I love the southern mountain writers, too. I am one. :) I hope you keep the blog up so that I can keep up. Hugs to you.

Nancy Simpson said...

Thanks for your comments, Judy.

Are you still writing poems? I hope so. Please do keep in touch one way or the other.