About Me

My photo
Nancy Simpson's LIVING ABOVE THE FROST LINE, New and Selected Poems was published by Carolina Wren Press (N.C. Laureate Series, 2010.) She is the author of ACROSS WATER and NIGHT STUDENT, State Street Press, still available on WWW at Alibris and Books Again. Her poems have been published in Southern Poetry Review, Prairie Schooner, The Georgia Review and other literary magazines. "Carolina Bluebirds" was published in THE POETS GUIDE TO THE BIRDS, Anhinga Press). "Grass" was reprinted in the 50th Anniversary Issue of Southern Poetry Review: DON'T LEAVE HUNGRY ( U.of Arkansas Press.) Seven poems were reprinted in the textbook, SOUTHERN APPALACHIAN POETRY,(McFarland.) Two poems were published in SOLO CAFE, Two more poems were published in SOLO NOVO."In the Nantahala Gorge" was published in Pisgah Review. "Studying Winter" was reprinted in Pirene's Fountain Anthology and "The Collection" in Collecting Life Anthology. Most recently, Southern Poetry Review Edited by James Smith, published "Our Great Depression," and The Southern Poetry Anthology Vol. VII: NORTH CAROLINA,Edited by William Wright, reprinted "Leaving in the Dead of Winter."

Friday, January 13, 2012

WANT TO HELP JAPAN RECOVER FROM EARTHQUAKE AND TSUNAMI? Proceeds from the sale of this book will go to ongoing relief efforts in Japan


Poems by Nancy Simpson
Janice Townley Moore
Maren O. Mitchell
Karen Paul Holmes
and others


http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/amikayepf










2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My book came yesterday. I'm proud to be in it with you, Nancy, along with some other fine writers. Such a good cause too.
Karen Paul Holmes

Nancy Simpson said...

It's good to hear from you Karen. I agree it is for a good cause and I hope many readers will buy and help the ongoing relief effort in Japan. At first, my poem was accepted by Pirene's Fountain on line, but when I realized that there was a forthcoming anthology to aid in the recovery effort for the earthquake and Tsunami victims in Japan, I asked if I could switch my poem. I've been a poet who insists on getting at least one free copy of the book that takes my poem, but this time my old heart melted and I have a strong understanding of how we are all connected. We are literally here to help those who need our help. I hope we can get together with Janice and Maren and celebrate the anthology to hopefully get some more copies sold to help in the recovery effort.